You must insure your property with the right insurance. This is not simply buildings and contents insurance. It must be Landlord Insurance.  There are loads of options out there and a good broker will help you work out the right options for you.

The great news is your landlord insurance can be claimed against your taxable income.

As always please seek advice form a qualified accountant. I’m happy to pass the details of a good one on if you need it!